This extensive and comprehensive, industry standard, 1-to-5-day class (depending on the modules chosen) enables experienced operators to develop the skills necessary to perform rework, repair and modifications to electronic assemblies at an advanced level.
The entire course consists of up to 10 modules in all – Module 1 is a prerequisite and Modules 2 through 10 are optional, based on company needs/requirements and revision level of the training selected. (Please call us to discuss detailed information.)
Students will be required to take a series of written proficiency exams and attain a minimum passing grade of 70%.
Training Topics: (consisting of 10 Modules)
|Module 1||Introduction/General Requirements (Mandatory)|
|Module 2||Wire splicing|
|Module 3||Conformal Coating Removal|
|Module 4||Through Hole Removal/Reinstallation|
|Module 5||Chip/MELF Removal/Reinstallation|
|Module 6||Gull Wing Removal/Reinstallation|
|Module 7||J-Lead Removal/Reinstallation|
|Module 8||BGA Lecture Only|
|Module 9||Laminate Repair|
|Module 10||Circuit Repair|
Features and Benefits of Certification
- Provides certification to a standardized industry developed and universally recognized, approved and traceable training program.
- Certification is a “portable” document and is the property of the certified individual.
- The certification is valid for a period of two years.
Training Materials Included
- A copy of the IPC 7711/7721 Specification.
- IPC 7711/7721 Workmanship Kit.
- An IPC Certificate of Completion.