Now available in Rev. C!
This extensive and comprehensive, industry standard, 5-day class enables experienced operators to develop the skills necessary to perform rework, repair and modifications to electronic assemblies at an advanced level.
Also, this class will enable you to gain the expertise and confidence to effectively train other individuals to become “Certified IPC Specialists” (CIS).
- Product classifications, skill levels, tools and materials.
- Basic surface mount and through hole component removal and installation.
- Land preparation.
- Proper ESDS device handling.
- Primary and secondary (preheating) heating methods: Conductive, convective, etc.
- Jumper wire installation and conductor repair.
- Tin/Lead vs. Lead-Free soldering and rework.
- Wire splicing procedures.
- Chip and MELF rework procedures
- SOIC/SOT, J-Lead (PLCC), and QFP rework.
- Printed wiring board circuit and laminate repair.
- Conformal coating identification and removal procedures.
- Various tools and methods for effectively removing and installing each component will be demonstrated.
Features and Benefits of Certification
- Provides a standardized set of industry developed, recognized, approved and tracable procedures.
- Improves operator skill level to enable consistent and repeatable workmanship standards.
- Certification is a “portable” document and is the property of the certified individual.
- The certification is valid for a period of two years.
Training Materials Included
- A copy of the IPC 7711/7721 Standard.
- Student Handbook and Instructor Guide.
- Equipment parts list and artwork for test/practice kits.
- A CD-ROM with full visuals and training documents, forms and information.
- An IPC Certificate of Completion.