This extensive and comprehensive, industry standard, 4-day class enables selected candidates to develop the skills necessary to understand the appropriate accept/reject criteria for soldered electrical and electronic assemblies.
The training includes classroom presentations, examples and instruction from highly experienced Master IPC Trainers which will enhance the learning experience and trainer proficiency.
This class will enable you to gain the expertise and confidence to effectively train other individuals to become “Certified IPC Specialists” (CIS).
Students will be required to take a written, two part proficiency exam and attain a minimum passing grade of 80%.
- IPC Professional Policies and Procedures.
- Terms and Definitions.
- Applicable documents.
- ESD/EOS prevention.
- Hardware installation.
- Proper soldering criteria for boards, assemblies, wiring, terminals, etc. Component damage.
- Conformal coating/solder resist criteria.
- Discrete wiring.
- Acceptance criteria for all SMT, Through-Hole, BTC, etc. components.
- Connector, wiring and termination criteria.
- Printed circuit board criteria.
Features and Benefits of Certification
- Provides certification to a standardized industry developed and universally recognized, approved and traceable training program.
- Certification is a “portable” document and is the property of the certified individual.
- The certification is valid for a period of two years.
Training Materials Included
- A copy of the IPC A-610 Specification.
- Access to full visuals and training documents through the my.ipcedge.org dashboard.
- An IPC Certificate of Completion.