IPC J-STD-001 Space Addendum Certified IPC Trainer (CIT)* (Optional)
This extensive and comprehensive, industry standard, 5-day class enables successful candidates to understand the materials, methods and verification criteria for producing the highest quality soldered interconnections for a broad range of electronic products.
The training includes classroom and “hands-on” workmanship exercises and demonstrations which will enhance the learning experience and trainer proficiency.
This class will enable you to gain the expertise and confidence to effectively train and certify other individuals to become “Certified IPC Specialists” (CIS).
Students will be required to take a written two-part proficiency exam and attain a minimum passing grade of 80%. Additionally, students will be required to demonstrate proficiency in hand soldering and inspection skills.
*For the Space Addendum option, the student must hold J-STD-001 Certification. A minimum passing grade of 80% is required for this additional certification.
Features and Benefits of Certification
- Provides a standardized set of industry developed and universally recognized, approved and tracable process control procedures.
- Certification is a “portable” document and is the property of the certified individual.
- The certification is valid for a period of two years.
- General Requirements
- Applicable Documents
- General Soldering Assembly
- Wires and Terminals
- Through Hole Soldering
- Surface Mount Soldering
- PCB Requirements
- Conformal Coating and Encapsulation
- Product Assurance
- Certified IPC Trainer Professional Policies and Procedures
Training Materials Included†
- A copy of the IPC J-STD-001 Specification, IPC-AJ-820 and IPC-T-50.
- A CD-ROM with full visuals and training documents, board artwork, forms and instructor guide.
- IPC J-STD-001 Workmanship Kit.
- An IPC Certificate of Completion.
†A copy of the IPC-J-STD-001 Space Addendum and CD ROM with course visuals is included for students completing this certification.