Now available in Rev. C!
This extensive and comprehensive, industry standard, 4-day class enables selected candidates to develop the skills necessary to understand the “Requirements and Acceptance for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies”.
The training includes classroom and “handson” workmanship exercises and demonstrations which will enhance the learning experience and trainer proficiency.
This class will enable you to gain the expertise and confidence to effectively train other individuals to become “Certified IPC Specialists” (CIS).
Students will be required to take a written, two part, proficiency exam and attain a minimum passing grade of 80%.
- IPC Professional Policies and Procedures
- Requirements and Acceptance for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies
- Applicable Documents
- Cable and Wire Preparation
- Measuring Cable/Assemblies and Wires
- Testing Cable Assemblies
- Crimp Terminations
- Insulation Displacement Connections (IDC)
- Soldered Terminations
- Marking and Labeling
- Wire Bundle Securing
- Cable/Wire Harness Protective Coverings
- Coaxial and Twin-axial Cable Assemblies
- Solderless Wire Wrap
Features and Benefits of Certification
- Provides a standardized set of industry developed, recognized, approved and tracable procedures.
- Certification is a “portable” document and is the property of the certified individual.
- The certification is valid for a period of two years.
Training Materials Included
- A copy of the IPC WHMA-A-620 Standard.
- Student Handbook and Instructor Guide.
- A CD-ROM with full visuals and training documents, forms and information.
- An IPC Certificate of Completion.