This extensive and comprehensive, industry standard, 4-day class, 5 day with optional hands-on, enables selected candidates to develop the skills necessary to understand the “Requirements and Acceptance for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies”.
The training can include classroom and “hands-on” workmanship exercises and demonstrations which will enhance the learning experience and trainer proficiency.
This class will enable you to gain the expertise and confidence to effectively train other individuals to become “Certified IPC Specialists” (CIS).
Students will be required to take a written, two part, proficiency exam and attain a minimum passing grade of 80%. In order to train to the optional hands-on module the CIT must also complete the optional hands-on.
- IPC Professional Policies and Procedures
- Requirements and Acceptance for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies
- Applicable Documents
- Cable and Wire Preparation
- Measuring Cable/Assemblies and Wires
- Testing Cable Assemblies
- Crimp Terminations
- Insulation Displacement Connections (IDC)
- Soldered Terminations
- Marking and Labeling
- Wire Bundle Securing
- Cable/Wire Harness Protective Coverings
- Coaxial and Twin-axial Cable Assemblies
Features and Benefits of Certification
- Provides certification to a standardized industry developed and universally recognized, approved and traceable training program.
- Certification is a “portable” document and is the property of the certified individual.
- The certification is valid for a period of two years.
Training Materials Included
- A copy of the IPC WHMA-A-620 Standard.
- Access to full visuals and training documents through the my.ipcedge.org dashboard.
- An IPC Certificate of Completion.