This extensive and comprehensive, industry standard, 3-day class enables selected candidates to develop the skills necessary to understand the “Requirements and Acceptance for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies”.
The training includes classroom and “handson” workmanship exercises and demonstrations which will enhance the learning experience and operator proficiency.
The entire course consists of 8 modules in all – Module 1 is a prerequisite and Modules 2 through 8 are optional, based on company needs/requirements. (Please call us to discuss detailed information.)
Students will be required to take a series of open book, multiple choice written proficiency exams and attain a minimum passing grade of 70%.
- IPC Professional Policies and Procedures
- Requirements and Acceptance for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies
- Applicable Documents
- Cable and Wire Preparation
- Measuring Cable/Assemblies and Wires
- Testing Cable Assemblies
- Crimp Terminations
- Insulation Displacement Connections (IDC)
- Soldered Terminations
- Marking and Labeling
- Wire Bundle Securing
- Cable/Wire Harness Protective Coverings
- Coaxial and Twin-axial Cable Assemblies
- Solderless Wire Wrap
Features and Benefits of Certification
- Provides a standardized set of industry developed, recognized, approved and tracable procedures.
- The Certificate of Completion is a “portable” document and is the property of the certified individual.
- The certification is valid for a period of two years.